One less mouth to feed
http://timesnews.net/article.php?id=9008393
Lee Federal prison officials say inmate killed, won't discuss incident
Published 10/01/2008 By Staff report
HICKORY FLATS "? A Tuesday incident involving two inmates has resulted in the death of one of the pair at the United States Penitentiary, Lee. A news release from the prison states that staff responded to an incident between two inmates at approximately 10:21 a.m. and immediately separated the two inmates.
Inmate Quentin Corniel was immediately transported to Lee Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at approximately 11:51 a.m.
Public Information Officer Todd Sloop declined Wednesday to say how the inmate died, but did say an autopsy was conducted on Wednesday.
However, he said, results were not in and were not expected for a while. The Federal Bureau of Prisons is investigating the incident, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation has been called to assist.
Sloop said no charges have been placed against the other inmate yet, pending the outcome of the investigation. He declined to give further details of the incident, the manner of the victim's death, or the name of the second inmate involved, citing the pending investigation.
No staff were injured during the incident, he said. The institution was placed in lockdown status as a result of the incident. Corniel was serving a 77-month sentence for being a felon in possession of ammunition. He was received at USP Lee on May 20, 2008 and had a projected release date of August 26, 2009.
One less mouth to feed
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
That was a pretty ignorant comment.
Who are you to judge? You are the authority on ignorant. Looks like we have an inmate lover on board.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
The article never said he was a rapist or murderer. " Corniel was serving a 77-month sentence for being a felon in possession of ammunition." Never said he was serving a life sentence or something like that. For all I know he couldve got jumped and that was the end result. So just saying that was an ignorant comment.
He got himself into that situation. No sympathy for the man.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The article never said he was a rapist or murderer. " Corniel was serving a 77-month sentence for being a felon in possession of ammunition." Never said he was serving a life sentence or something like that. For all I know he couldve got jumped and that was the end result. So just saying that was an ignorant comment. </div></div>
I would be willing to bet that, as a prison guard (or so I understand), he has a lot more knowledge about what goes on in those places and who the inmates "truly" are than anyone else on this forum!
Officially retired
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a pretty ignorant comment.</div></div>
He does work at a prison. So I would imagine he would be less ignorant about it than others. What qualifications do you have on the subject?
GO VOLS
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a pretty ignorant comment.</div></div>
He does work at a prison. So I would imagine he would be less ignorant about it than others. What qualifications do you have on the subject? </div></div>
Does he work at that prison? Does he know the inmate? Did he see the altercation? What does qualifications have to do with it?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PassMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The article never said he was a rapist or murderer. " Corniel was serving a 77-month sentence for being a felon in possession of ammunition." Never said he was serving a life sentence or something like that. For all I know he couldve got jumped and that was the end result. So just saying that was an ignorant comment. </div></div>
I would be willing to bet that, as a prison guard (or so I understand), he has a lot more knowledge about what goes on in those places and who the inmates "truly" are than anyone else on this forum! </div></div>
But to this particular incident? Looks like the guy wasnt the scum of the universe, so I just didnt care for that remark. It says he was a felon and was in possession of ammo and the guy couldve been jumped and beat to death for all I know. Just because a person is in prison doesnt make them the worst most horrible people in the world. There are plenty who are of course and I wouldnt care what happened to them, doesnt look like he is one of them to me though. But I'm just going by that article.
Bookmarks